disabled aids
disabled aids disabled equipment disabled aids
disabled equipment
  Disability Information for the Disabled from the Disabled.
disabled holiday information
DisabledInfo.co.uk - offering practical advice and information for the disabled from the disabled
DisabledInfo.co.uk offers advice and information for the disabled from the disabled

disabled equipment
disabled equipment
Home

Disability Forums
Register
Lost Password
Update Profile
Chat Room
Bookmark Us
Tell A Friend

disabled equipment disabled aids disabled equipment

Disability Forums

Search Forum:
Disabled advice
Disabled advice

WANTED:Women with disabilities in employment Reply
Hi everyone, I am currently doing my masters and next year starting my PhD at the Open University. I have to complete a research project and i have decided for various reasons to explore the experiences of women who have a disability (or multiple) whilst in employment. Although i do not personally have a disability there are many influential women in my life who do have a disability (including my mum). If any one knows any women who has a disability and are in employment, or if you are yourself a women with a disability and would like to talk to me about your experiences please get in touch with me, either by commenting below or sending me a private email (gemma.wright@open.ac.uk). I will put all the details below in a comment for those interested.Thanks, Gemma!

gem.wrig2012

09/06/2015

Further info

What the research is about:

I am a researcher from The Open University and my research is about exploring gender and disability in the workplace within the United Kingdom (UK). In particular I want to find out about women who have a mental condition or a physical disability and their experiences surrounding employment.

What is required from you?

In order to find out about your experiences an interview with me (in person or via phone/skype) will be conducted focusing on your experiences of seeking work, experiences you have had in the workplace, and your views about what should be done to encourage more women with disabilities to work. The interview will ask questions surround disability so you should to be open to discuss your mental condition or your physical disability to avoid feeling uncomfortable.

Your rights when taking part:

Once you have agreed to take part in the research and are happy to have an interview with myself, at any point during the interview you wish to stop you may do so. As a participant you have the right to withdraw and prevent me from using any data I will have collected. Should you feel uncomfortable with any of the questions that are being asked you may decide if you would like to answer or not. You decide how much information you tell me and you do not have to tell me any information that would make you uncomfortable.

All data collected will be confidential and will be anonymised so any data in my dissertation will not be able to be traced back to you.

Afterwards, you still have the right to withdraw your data for one month after you have had the interview, after this the data will become anonymised so I would not know which interview is linked to you. You will have the opportunity to receive a copy of the findings from the research should you be interested.

Please send an email if you are interested in taking part in the research, or have any questions about the research.

Thank you very much for your time to consider taking part in this research.

Gemma Wright.
Post-Graduate Research Student
The Open University
Business school
Email: gemma.wright@open.ac.uk

gem.wrig2012

09/06/2015
You must first log in to be able to Reply / Comment.  

Displaying 1-1 of 1 Replies

disabled equipment disabled aids disabled equipment

disabled equipment

disabled holidays disabled aids disabled holidays disabled holidays disabled aids disabled holidays  
disabled equipment

disabled equipment
disabled equipment
disabled aids